Monday, September 21, 2009

Evieisms

I feel like I haven't had a chance to actually share some of Evie's talents and milestones. . .

She is a fabulous pooper, and especially loves to poop the second she gets out of the bath.

She has terrible reflux, so she spits up a lot. This has been her greatest trial. Often we have to change her clothes up to 4 times before she goes to bed because of all the spitting. The poor girl is never without a bib. We just upped her medicine to something a little more heavy duty. . .let's hope it works.

She has very strong neck muscles and has from the beginning. As her mom, I feel it is my duty to admit that she is very advanced for her age.

When she sleeps she spreads out like a starfish.

She's a terrific smiler. She used to save her best smiles and even laughs for lamps. We're not sure what the deal is, but she stares at them for minutes at a time (on or off). But she has now taken to smiling at humans (especially her parents). This has been a turning point for me, because before this I think she thought that a robot was in charge of feeding, changing and cuddling, and therefore needed no recognition. I need the recognition!


In that last photo, she's sawing logs. Sometimes when I look at her, I can't believe she's ours.

3 comments:

Amelia and Edmund said...

"I love lamp"

Great post! And as her mom, it's your right, no duty! to inform everyone that she is advanced for her age!!!

Becky said...

Post more pictures and updates, please!!!

clearviewstaff said...

Hey, were are the updates? Us aunties need more pics.
Love,
Aunt Jenny